Sunday, May 19, 2013

Josh and Jean Burgers

Belfast Ave. inside FilOil gas station

 One time on my way home from CHMC clinic, I passed by a Filgas station and saw a newly opened burger joint. I promised myself to try it and last Saturday with my friend Anna, we went out and tried the burger.



The place is literally on the gas station and there are no air conditioning. Dining is alfresco but Anna and I joked that its more of pinausukan (pinausukan ng jeep, bus, motorcycle and kotse). hehehehe.




alfresco dining



The menu as you can see is very limited. there are only two burger choices: Regular ( one patty) and Choice (Double patties). They have only two pasta: Spaghetti with meatballs and palabok.  There are no side dish (french fries, onion rings etc..) choices and there are only two softdrink options.
We decided on the choice burgers and palabok (after being told that spaghetti and meatballs was not available). 




Choice burger php 75
The burger as advertized was all beef. The patties were respectable in size and two of these makes it a good meaty burger. The only drawback is that the burgers were a bit dry. The  lean meat and fat ratio needs to be tweaked a bit more. 

 
That's me biting into the burger













The cheese is one of those tasteless pasteurized artificial sheets you get from the grocery store. I requested them to make my burger without the ketchup so I can truly taste the meat.




I thought they forgot the shrimp sauce when they gave me the palabok . Apparently they ran out of eggs and it was the only thing that was missing. well, this is not exactly an appetizing plate. However, it was not as bad as it looks. The noodles were of good quality and done just right. Though it did not have a sauce it was tasty. Still I would label this a pancit malabon rather than palabok. 

pancit palabok php 45




The verdict: Not so bad. The burger was tasty but a bit dry. I prefer this over nearby fast food joint burgers. And the price is reasonable compared to them. They should increase burger selection by adding extras like sides and different cheeses. As to the palabok, lets just say its the last time I will order that! If ever I get the burger craving, this is so near my place that I would not mind going there again.






No comments:

Post a Comment