Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pink Candies....a resto in a garage

After a hectic schedule of taking my daughter to her swim class and a shockwave (ESWL) soon after, I was left with just 30 mins for lunch with my daughter before running to my next clinic. Hay, motherhood..... Anyway, I decided to dine at Pink Candies located across UCPI (Urology Center of the Philippines).

65A Maginoo St. Diliman, QC


 It is an apartment with the garage converted into a resto. There are only 5 tables inside and 2 outside with 4 chairs per table. I have dined here before and loved their thin crust pizza and spicy seafood pasta.

inside pink candies

Amatriciana Pasta Php 160



I decided to try other stuff in their menu. But my daughter who happens to be a noodle freak made me order a pasta dish. The pasta has a tomato sauce with just the right amount of sour and sweetness of a good tomato based spaghetti sauce. The flavor comes mainly from the bacon bits in the sauce. Its tasty and my daughter loved it so much that she ate the leftovers at home. Hey, its really true that everything with bacon tastes good!
Paulette gives her seal of approval!


Sizzling Squid Php178

The sizzling squid is good but if you are a voracious eater (like yours truly), this is just good for one. Not in the pictures is our order of lemon butter fish for 140php which is just cream dory slathered with a white curdly kalamansi tasting sauce. Each of the entrees are served with rice.







The total bill for the pasta, squid and fish is 478 Php. Its a little steep considering this is just a garage converted into an air-con resto. If ever I get to dine there again, I will most definitely stick to the pizza and the pasta selections..



No comments:

Post a Comment