Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello! Cafe Quezon and more!

This blog site  is way long overdue. I love food and have updated photos at my facebook site. Several friends have commented that I should start a blog to document my travel and lust to find affordable yet delicious places to eat around and beyond the metro. I am also a frustrated chef and have been promising myself that once I can have the time and resources to do so, will most definitely enroll in a culinary school!
I usually take my family on these food excursions but do travel and eat by myself occasionally such as the case below of my food tripping at Cafe Quezon.
This located at Maginhawa Street in QC. its closer to the sikatuna area than the claret area and almost across ulo-ulo resto (reminding myself to go there one of these days...). Its a small place which can seat 30 or so people. Parking is along the street which is ok since it was a weekday and I was the first customer at 11 am early lunch. Just came from blasting 3 different stones to smithereens and was looking for a place to dine near work.
iced tea upraded(?)

I decided to get the rice meals, although review of blogs about this place suggested the pasta and chicken.... The iced tea was included. For 20php you can upgrade it to a bigger size which I do not recommend. The iced tea is so much like the powdered stuff you make at home and the upgrade, was well, not substantial.

I liked the pot holder wall decor though....



kare kare php 150
Beef kare kare. I should have followed the advice to go with the pasta and chicken. The dish was not bad at all but there is nothing there that will separate it from other kare kare. The beef is very tender and what i found unusual was the okra and baguio beans with the veggies.
nutella cheesecake php85


I wanted to try the pastillas cheesecake but it was not available. I decided to go for the nutella cheesecake. Finally, something I liked to eat at the place!






I give this place a  thumb up. The prices are reasonable. The food is good but forget the iced tea. Will be back to try their pasta and chicken as well as the pastillas cheesecake!

No comments:

Post a Comment